This year, the development team has done a lot of work into preparing to launch the Canadian building code CSA-S16-14. This will go live in June 2021.
In addition, we have been preparing to launch the AISC 15th edition which will launch in July 2021.
We have also been working on increasing our Vertical Brace capabilities with the launch of HSS brace to column flange last month. We are now working on Single Angle bracing for launch in Summer 2021.
Below is a list of customer enhancement requests, bug fixes and Tekla desktop work that we have been working on this year.
- [QNT-4968] - Fix maximum weld access hole size
- [QNT-6524] - Add preference for bottom copes at beam to embed plate connections
- Added to the Fabricator's Detailing Preferences
- [QNT-6648] - Add small margin to horizontal offset calcs at beam to column connections - Customer request to allow small modeling imperfections and allow horizontal offset that is <= 1/16 in. at all Beam to Column connections.
- [QNT-6633] - Allow moment plate max thickness limit to go up to 4 in.
[QNT-6371] - Detailed UDL settings per beam size
- [QNT-6458] - Use flat bar material grade for plates that have same dimensions for any one entry in flat bar table - Customer request to add flat bar as a specific material on minimum job requirements web page. Will soon have ability for customer to update flat bar sizes that should be included.
- [QNT-6444] - UNDO/REDO improvement - This enhancement allows for the UNDO/REDO process to run on large models.
- [QNT-6024] - Sync selected by highlighting component not just beam - Previously the customer had to highlight all beams when creating a Model sync for engineering reporting. Now the customer can highlight just the Qnect components.
- [QNT-6425] - Allow users to use 1.25 in diameter limit for TC bolts - current AISC 14th edition = 1.125"
- [QNT-6359] - Optional Bolting Preferences on Vertical Bracing to Column Flange and Web
- [QNT-6322] - Add new preference to use STD hole at one bolt in a shear plate connection so per beam size a combination of slots and standard holes are available.
[QNT-6403] - Stop checking plate thicknesses per aisc Table 2-5 for any plate over 4"
[QNT-6400] - Add 3.5, 3.75 and 4" to horizontal distance to first hole
- [QNT-6046] - Making the saved company, job and session name info at the user level within button 3.
- [QNT-4048] - Offer choice of Tekla versions for Qnect to be installed on